What Is Blackjack?
Blackjack is a card game played with at least a single deck of cards and is thought to have been invented by Spanish sailors in the 17th century. In online blackjack, each card in the deck has a point value: Aces are worth 1 or 11 points, and face cards are worth 10 points. All other cards are scored based on face value. When you start to play real money blackjack, you take two cards and check how many points you have in total: the goal is to reach 21 points or beat the dealer.
After receiving the first two cards, you have to make some decisions based on your point total: you can take a new card (hit), not ask for another card (stand), double your bet (double down), or if you have a pair, you can split your cards and play them s two different hands (split). The decision you make will determine your chances of winning at blackjack games.
How Did We Choose the Best Online Casinos for Blackjack?
We used many different criteria and reviewed hundreds of blackjack sites to choose the perfect online blackjack casino. After a long elimination process, we managed to select the best online blackjack sites with no deposit bonus codes in Australia. Below, you can see what we look for when evaluating blackjack casinos.
1. Safety and Reputation:
If you want to have an enjoyable and profitable experience while you play online blackjack, you need to start with security. At online blackjack casinos, we first look at the license and verify it. To be able to provide a legal service, it is necessary to be licensed – we do not evaluate unlicensed casino sites in any way. In addition, we make sure that the license is issued from a reputable agency and that every page on the casino site is SSL protected.
2. Choice of Blackjack Variations:
There are many variants of blackjack online real money games. Even how many decks are used is enough to make a difference and to play blackjack online in Australia, and some popular blackjack variants have completely different betting rules. For example, in American blackjack, the dealer's peak rules are very different from others. We know that the best blackjack online variant is different for every player, and that is why we make sure that there is enough variety in the collection of online blackjack games. We also prefer casinos that also allow you to play free blackjack games.
3. Payout Speed:
Playing blackjack online for fun is a must because only in this way you can test some strategies without risk. But eventually, you will want to try your luck at real money blackjack, which will require you to make a deposit at the fast withdrawal online casinos. And when you win, you will want to withdraw your money. We personally test all payment methods on blackjack sites to make sure all this can be done smoothly and quickly from Australia. We only prefer online blackjack casinos that can offer fast, smooth, and free-of-charge payouts.
4. Customer Support:
Whether you're a beginner or a pro, you will eventually need help or want to ask a question when you play online blackjack. When this happens, you should be able to contact casino support immediately and be sure that your issue will be resolved as quickly as possible. To ensure these, we actively test the support of blackjack sites and see how fast & professional they are. We also prefer real money blackjack casinos that offer multiple ways to reach customer service (live chat, phone, email, social media).
Terms for Online Blackjack Australia: What Do They Mean?
- Blackjack: Traditionally, a hand consisting of Ace of Spades and Jack of Spades.
- Bust: Exceeding 21 points and losing the game.
- Dealers Up-Card: The dealer's card that is dealt face-up.
- Double Down: You ask for one more card and double your initial bet.
- Face Card: Any card that is worth 10 points (Ten, Jack, Queen or King).
- Five-Card-Charlie: This happens when 5-cards are dealt with one hand and do not exceed 21.
- Hit: Asking for one more card.
- Hole Card: The face-down card of the dealer.
- Insurance: With an Insurance bet, you are betting that the dealer has a blackjack.
- Pair: Two cards of the same rank, for example, two 4s.
- Perfect Pairs: A side wager that a player can make, that only pays when the first 2 cards are a perfect match (same card number and same suit).
- Shuffle Machine: A shuffling machine will automatically shuffle the cards for the dealer.
- Shoe: The name of the box in which the deck is placed.
- Split: Splitting pair cards and plating them like two individual hands.
- Stand/Sitting: This means that the player does not need any more cards.
- Standoff: In the Blackjack Switch variant, if the dealer has 22 points, this is called a "standoff" and no one wins that hand.
- Surrender: The player folds that game and gets half of his initial wager back.
Blackjack House Edge – What Does It Mean?
The percentage of house edge determines how much you will lose when you play blackjack online for money. This term indicates how much the blackjack online Australia casino will earn from your bets in the long run. The house edge of the classic single-deck variant (we can say that it is the best online blackjack Australia variant) can be as low as 0.5%. This means that if you spend 100 AUD in the game, you can expect to win back 99.50 AUD in the long run, meaning you will lose a maximum of 0.50 AUD. Different variants have different house edge values because many different factors are taken into account when calculating this percentage, such as the number of decks, rules, and betting options. Single-deck games without bonus bets will always have the lowest house edge.
Try Different Variants of Blackjack Games
As we mentioned above, there are different blackjack game online variants that offer slightly different rules and betting options. Below, you can see a list of the most common Australian online blackjack variants – why not try them today?
✅ Blackjack Switch
This variant is played with two hands and allows the player to switch the top cards in each hand. The payout for a blackjack is 1:1 (not 3:2) and if the dealer has 22 points, he does not lose the game. Instead, this is considered a push and the player gets his wager back.
✅ Atlantic City
This variant pays 6:5 for natural blackjacks. You can double down on any cards, the dealer must stand on soft 17, doubling after split is allowed, late surrender is possible, and aces can be re-split. The house edge is 1.39%.
✅ Blackjack Perfect Pairs
This is a simple variant with a bonus bet. Before you get your first two cards, you can place a bet that those cards will be a pair. If this really happens to be the case, you get paid whether you win or lose that game.
✅ Live Blackjack
This is not an actual blackjack variant. It means that a particular variant is played against a real dealer. Live blackjack games are live streams and you can join them & play in real-time from anywhere in the world. It is possible to interact with the dealer and other players.
✅ Blackjack Surrender
This is a variant that offers bonus bets (21+3) and the option to surrender any time until a round ends. The payout can be as big as 25:1 for some bonus bets and the RTP is 99.66%, which is a satisfying figure.
✅ European Blackjack
This is considered the “original” form of this game. The dealer cannot check his hole card and if a push happens, the player gets his money back. Also, players can only double down on 9, 10, or 11.
Online Blackjack Rules Australia
The game rules pertaining to online Blackjack are determined by the individual casino. There are dozens of varieties of the original blackjack available. A lot of online casinos have developed their own versions of Blackjack. They do this to try and keep players on their site. If online casinos have a popular version of a game and are the only site offering it, then players will frequent their real money casino in Australia.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Play Blackjack Online for Real Money
- Pick a variant to play: single deck blackjack with no bonus bets will be a good choice.
- Place your bet and get your first two cards. Check the total points.
- The most basic blackjack strategy is to hit if you have 17 points or lower. If you have 18 points or higher, you should stand.
- Get a new card or stand based on your point total.
- The dealer will continue to play after you make your choice. If he busts, you win. If he reaches a point total higher than you (but less than 22), he will win.
Best Online Blackjack Games for Beginners
There are lots of real money blackjack games to choose from and if you are not sure where to start, the following table will help you.
|Play for Real Money||Play for Free||RTP||Software||Devices|
|6 in 1 Blackjack||Yes||Yes||99.63%||Felt||Desktop, Tablet, Mobile|
|Double Exposure Blackjack MH||Yes||No||99.04%||Play’n GO||Desktop, Tablet, Mobile|
|Atlantic City Blackjack Gold||Yes||Yes||99.65%||Microgaming||Desktop, Tablet, Mobile|
|Vegas Single Deck Blackjack Gold||Yes||No||99.69%||Microgaming||Desktop, Tablet, Mobile|
|Classic Blackjack Gold||Yes||Yes||99.91%||Microgaming||Desktop|
Tips & Tricks for Playing Blackjack Online
- Check the RTP/house edge first. Check the paytable of the game before you start to play and prefer games with a house edge of 1% and lower.
- Use a strategy. The most simple strategy you can use is standing on soft 17: dealers do the same for a reason. Learn other strategies too.
- Try counting cards. Prefer single deck variants in order to count the cards efficiently. It is not as hard as you think.
- Use your bankroll efficiently. Do not blow all your budget on a single game. Divide your bankroll into multiple segments and place your bets accordingly. You can also try playing at a $1 deposit bonus casino
- Consider using betting systems. You can use progressive betting strategies (such as doubling your wager after every loss) if you have a big bankroll.
- Insurance is not a good bet. This bet has a very high house edge, and it almost never works. If you think that you will lose the game, consider using surrender instead.
Playing Blackjack Online Free: Learn the Game With no Risk
Whether you prefer desktop or mobile blackjack, remember that you can play the demo versions of this game completely for free. This is one of the most important tips we can give you. Microgaming demo games or other games of different providers do not differ in terms of rules, betting options, and chances of winning. Therefore, they are very suitable for learning the rules and testing different strategies without taking risks.
Online Blackjack Real Money vs Free Online Blackjack
|Real Money Blackjack||Free Blackjack|
|Bets and payouts are real||Bets and payouts are not real|
|You can use bonuses||You cannot use bonuses|
|Playing against a real dealer is possible||You cannot play live dealer games for free|
|You can win or lose money||You cannot win or lose money|
|Not a good option for testing strategies||Best option to learn the rules & test strategies|
Playing Mobile Blackjack With the Best Blackjack App
There are no software limitations to the type of device that blackjack can be played on. It is not considered to be a game that uses a lot of device resources. All non-live games of blackjack use Random Number Generators. The best Aussie casinos have Random Number Generator (RNG) testing performed on their software-based games. This is to give their punters peace of mind that the games are not fixed, but the cards are completely random. It is also mandated by the casino’s governing body. What this means for 21/blackjack players is that all cards used during a hand are placed back into the RNG at the end of the hand and can immediately be reused. This is in effect the same, in theory, as using a continuous shuffle machine. Aussie casinos will use Approved Testing Agencies like Australia-based iTechLabs and eCogra to ensure that their games are compliant with their relevant Gambling Commission guidelines. You can also use blackjack apps to play on mobile: App Store and Play Store are full of free games that offer you this option. In addition, there are official apps for casino sites which let you play for real. Using an app will give you a smoother experience on mobile.
Black Jack Online Bonuses: Get a Boost
No Deposit Bonus
In exchange for becoming a member, the casino gives you a cash balance that can be used for playing blackjack to enjoy no deposit bonus codes mobile.
Whenever you make a deposit, you can earn a bonus in return. This promotion can be used multiple times and is offered to existing members of a casino.
Sign Up Bonus
You can get a high match rate for your first deposit and get a free bankroll. This offer is for new members only and can be used once.
Your Online Blackjack Australia Adventure Is About to Start
You are now ready to start your adventure: use our online blackjack tips and free no deposit bonus codes to increase your winning chances and start trying your luck in dozens of blackjack variants. You can pick any casino we recommend: they all offer you the best possible experience. We are sure that you will start winning in no time: good luck out there!