What We Look For When Reviewing Real Money Casinos
When reviewing casinos online, it’s essential not to just look at a couple of things. That’s why we have a checklist of seven different criteria points we look at and rate when reviewing online casinos. Read on to learn more about our rating process for real money casino sites.
Security & Safety
Security and safety for our readers are chief among our concerns. That’s why we check to ensure these highest paying online casino sites have up-to-date SSL encryption and that their games are independently tested by gaming labs.
Everyone banks differently. We understand that. So we make sure casinos have a variety of banking options to suit all player types. Whether you prefer basic credit/debit card deposits or crypto and other e-wallet based methods used at instant withdrawal casino sites — we’ve got you covered.
A licensed casino is a legit casino. That’s how we look at it. Therefore, we only recommend casinos that have acquired licensing from trusted licensing bodies like the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) or Curaçao E-Gaming Licensing Authority.
When playing at Australian online casinos, you hope nothing goes wrong, but if you need help, it’s the customer support team you turn to. Do they have 24/7 live chat? Is their customer support team helpful? These are all questions we ask when deciding whether to give a casino the green light.
Casino games are why we play at casinos online. While some players prefer table games and live dealer games like blackjack, roulette, or baccarat — others prefer to stick with the best paying pokies in Australia. In this category, we believe variety is key. So we always check to ensure casinos have games suited for all players.
Bonuses & Promotions
The best way to win real money online is with casino bonuses. But we don’t just check welcome offers. We also like to make sure existing players are taken care of with a variety of reload bonuses and no deposit offers. Our team also makes certain that wagering requirements are fair.
For pokies especially, software providers are what makes a good game great. That’s why we always check to ensure that all games are made by top software providers that we trust and know you can trust, like Pragmatic Play and 3 Oaks.
Top 5 Online Casinos for Real Money in Australia
Our team of experts has thoroughly reviewed hundreds of casino sites to provide you with a list of Australia's top real money online casinos. We have considered factors such as licensing, game variety, payment methods, customer support, and more to ensure that our recommendations meet the highest safety and quality standards.
|Rank||Australian Online Casino||Welcome Bonus||Bonus information||Play Now!|
|#1||Cobber Casino||100% up to A$300 + 100 Free Spins||Bonus for: new customers, WR: 0x||Get Bonus|
|#2||Syndicate Casino||125% + 200 Free Spins||Bonus for: new customers, WR: 40x||Get Bonus|
|#3||Blue Leo Casino||Up to A$5500 + 100 Free Spins||Bonus for: new customers, WR: 35x||Get Bonus|
|#4||Playamo Casino||GET 1500 AUD + 150 FREE SPINS||Bonus for: new customers, WR: 50x||Get Bonus|
|#5||RichKing Casino||Welcome Package $4,000||Bonus for: new customers, WR: 35x||Get Bonus|
Our Picks for the Top Online Casino Real Money for Australian Players
There are a lot of good real money online casinos. But after holding a vote, this is our team’s picks for the top real money casinos available to Aussie players.
|Playamo||First established in 2016, Playamo has been a force since day one. Undoubtedly the highlight of PlayAmo lies in its massive game library of over 3,500 games. So, whatever you’re looking for Aristocrat pokies or any other game, PlayAmo has it.|
|Wild Tornado||The crypto casino giant first opened in 2017. Since then, it’s been a favourite of all crypto gamblers. But don’t mistake them — with 3,000+ games, Wild Tornado is more than a one-trick pony.|
|Slotman||With Slotman, its appeal is in its name. With over 2,000 games, Slotman has been a favourite among Aussie pokie players since they first opened their doors in 2020.|
|North Casino||North Casino has quickly developed a reputation for its lightning-fast payouts. While they may be pretty new, having only been established in 2021 — they’re quickly becoming a favourite with their 1,500+ games.|
|SkyCrown||A relative newcomer, SkyCrown (established in 2022), has already become a favourite among Aussies. And it’s no wonder why. Over 6,000 is just the cherry on top of an all-around great casino.|
Online Gambling for Real Money — Pros & Cons
Playing at real money casinos can bring with it certain benefits. But it’s not all positive. And in this section, we’ll show you the pros & cons of playing at an online casino for real money.
Overall, so long as you play at reputable sites like top casinos, we recommend and practice responsible gambling; real money gambling can be both fun and exciting.
Types of Real Money Casinos
When playing at casinos online, you might run into a few different types. They’re pretty similar; however, there are some key differences to keep in mind.
|Web Browser Casinos||Live Casinos||Downloadable Casinos|
|✅ Simple to navigate.||✅ Allows you to chat with dealers and other players.||✅ Easy to access from your desktop.|
|✅ Very easy to focus.||✅ Usually contains an interactive element.||❌ Rarely allows you to download required software to your mobile.|
|✅ Accessible on any device with an internet connection.||❌ Requires good internet connection.||❌ You’ll need to make a download before playing and making additional downloads for all updates.|
|❌ Casino interface can be a little boring.||❌ While mobile use is sometimes allowed, it can lead to clunky interfaces.||❌ Regular maintenance can lead to extended downtime.|
Australian Online Casino Real Money Bonuses
Bonuses are the secret to getting more bang for your buck. For simplicity, you can divide them into three categories:
- Deposit Bonuses. As the name suggests, these bonuses are awarded when you make a deposit. Examples of these types of bonuses are free spins and deposit matches. Unlike no deposit bonuses, these rewards usually have fewer wagering requirements, and there is usually no limit on the amount you can win.
- No Deposit Bonuses. The favourite of most online casino players, these bonuses give you free cash bonus or free spins without requiring you to make a deposit first. You can use free cash reward for any pokie you like, while free spins are available for several pokies only and have a fixed bet size.
- Other Bonuses. Apart from the above-mentioned offers, there are other valuable promotions. These include reload bonuses (provide additional funds upon depositing into your account), cashback offers (return a portion of your losses, enabling you to continue playing without depleting your funds), VIP bonuses (provided to esteemed and valuable players as a form of recognition for their loyalty) and special offers (the most sought-after variety that is accessible for a restricted duration).
Popular Real Money Casino Banking Methods 2023
When playing at casinos online, the most important thing is knowing that you can get your money in and out of your casino account. The best Australian real money casinos know this — that’s why when playing at them, you’ll have many of the most popular banking methods to choose from.
Credit card/debit card deposits present the simplest way to deposit. In general, all the best online casinos accept this form of banking, and thanks to modern security protocols, it’s 100% safe regardless of whether you use VISA, Mastercard, Amex, or any other credit card.
For many, crypto is the way of the future. Fortunately, online casinos are starting to believe this as well. Not only will you find that Bitcoin is accepted, but other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Doge are also widely accepted.
If you’re looking for that added layer of security, e-wallet banking is for you. Skrill and PayPal are the most popular e-wallets in Australia. However, most casinos also accept Neteller, among other e-wallets.
One of the first banking methods offered at online casinos, bank transfers are still going strong. There are no middlemen involved. Plus, while you can still manually wire money, electronic bank transfers are now even easier and are more widely accepted.
Popular Real Money Games at Online Casinos in Australia
With thousands of games to choose from, Australian gamblers might be wondering what game they should start with. Of course, each player has their own taste — but below, we’ll cover the three most popular real money casino games.
|Roulette||One of roulette’s many strengths is that you can customise the odds by altering your bets. If you want to win often, you can go for one of the even money bets like red or black, high or low, and odd or even. Or, if you’d rather play a riskier game, you can try to call a number straight. With roulette, it’s your call. Even better, roulette is one of the most common casino games offered in a live dealer format.|
|Blackjack||For lovers of skill games, blackjack is for you. The rules are simple — get as close to 21 without going over. Though despite its simple rules, blackjack has been home to some of the most complicated and thought-provoking strategies. Similar to roulette, blackjack is usually offered in a live dealer format.|
|Online Pokies||Whether you call them slots or pokies, they’re the same thing, and for Aussies, there is no more popular casino game than video pokies. So many themes and mechanics guarantee that there’s a pokie machine for everyone. There’s so much to say about pokies, so in the next section, we’ll be covering Australia's favourite casino game in more detail.|
Best Online Slots Real Money in Australia 2023
What makes a pokie machine great will differ from player to player. Though after polling our team, we’ve come up with our top five favourite slot machines:
- Gates of Olympus: With an RTP of 96.5%, the award-winning Gates of Olympus by Pragmatic Plays is a favourite of just about anyone who’s ever played it.
- Bubble Bubble 2: The entire Bubble Bubble trilogy is fantastic. However, we’ve chosen the 96% RTP Bubble Bubble 2 by RTG as our pick.
- Good Girl Bad Girl: With a mouthwatering high RTP of 97.79%, Good Girl Bad Girl by Betsoft is a game that redefines how traditional pokies are played.
- Sweet Bonanza: Another game by Pragmatic Play, but this time it’s the candy-themed Sweet Bonanza with its RTP of 96.5%
- Gonzo’s Quest Megaways: Just as fun as it is profitable, Gonzo’s Quest Megaways by Red Tiger Gaming is a fan favourite and rightfully so, with its RTP of 95.77%.
Why Trust Us?
We’re not just gambling experts at newcasinos-au.com — we’re gambling enthusiasts. When we review online casinos, we play with our own money, and we leave no stone unturned to ensure not only do we get the best deal but that you get the best deal.
We may be experts now, but we started as beginners. We know the difficulties that new players face. That’s why long ago, we made it our mission to bring you the most comprehensive reviews — made simple to understand.
Tips on Choosing the Best Real Money Casinos in Australia
Australian players have got a lot to choose from. But this can be a double-edged sword at times, as it can be tricky sorting the good out from the bad. Though after over a decade of reviewing, we’ve come up with some tips you can use to identify top online casinos:
- Make sure they’re licensed. Licences can be difficult to get, but without them, you run the risk of getting scammed.
- Find casinos that stock your favourite games. There is no one perfect online casino. Instead, there’s only the perfect casino for each player — but to be the perfect casino for you, they’ll need to stock your favourite games.
- Pay attention to welcome bonuses. Welcome bonuses can give you free money and double your deposits. But if wagering requirements are too high, they’re no good. That’s why before accepting a bonus, you should always read the fine print.
- Check minimum deposits. If you’re on a budget, there are a few things as important as making sure that the minimum deposit isn’t too high.
- Follow our guides. We know the good from the bad, and we know what players want. That’s why your first step for looking for great real money sites should be to check out our recommended top online casinos list.
Responsible Gambling at Real Money Sites
It’s not always a fun topic to talk about gambling addiction, but it’s significant. Playing real money casino games can be a great hobby, though only if you gamble responsibly and never bet with money that you can’t afford to lose. If you feel gambling is starting to have a negative effect on your life, the following sites can help.
- New South Wales,
- Western Australia,
- South Australia,
- Northern Territory,
Alternatively, you can call 1800 858 858 from any state to reach the Gamblers Helpline.
Laws regarding online gambling vary among countries and may be modified. Therefore, we strongly advise our readers to review local regulations before participating in online gambling. We do not endorse gambling in areas where it is prohibited. Newcasinos-au.com does not operate as a gambling provider or offer gambling services on this platform. We are not accountable for any activities carried out on third-party sites.