Black Diamond Pokie — My Review
When it comes to online pokies, there are two kinds of games: the ones that try to impress a player with all kinds of features and bonus rounds and the ones that keep it simple. Black Diamond by Everi is a great example of the second group. Even though it was released not so long ago, it perfectly recreates the setup and atmosphere of a classic one-armed bandit with its three reels and simple graphic elements.
The game symbols here are exactly what you expect them to be: BARs and 7s plus a lucrative Black Diamond symbol which we’ll talk about later in this review. So, at first glance, it’s the simplest 3-reel 9-payline game similar to hundreds of other classic pokies you can find in any online casino.
But the simplicity of Black Diamond pokie is very well balanced by the high potential wins you can get while playing it. There are no sophisticated bonuses, but there are multipliers, and there is a jackpot that you can hit if you are lucky enough.
I’d say that Black Diamond by Everi is a game that perfectly suits that moment when you come home tired and want to have a quick gambling session before going to bed. In this game, you don’t need to think about any features, nor do you need to come up with a perfect betting strategy. You just spin the three reels and wait for them to bring you the money.
Black Diamond Pokie — How to Play
Here’s how you can play Black Diamond pokie for real money in Australia:
- Take a look on top of this page where I’ve selected several best Australian online casinos with these pokies available. Alternatively, you can click the “play for real money” button on the pokie itself and get redirected to one of the casinos immediately.
- Find Black Diamond in the casino’s game list. In most cases, there will be a search bar and a filter to see the games made by a specific developer.
- Start the game and adjust the bets. The minimal bet limit in Black diamond is 1 credit, while the maximum one is 27 credits. Only the maximum bets are eligible for the jackpot prizes, so if you are aiming high — don’t waste time on trifles.
- Now you’re all set, so just start spinning the reels and hope that they will bring you the jackpot.
Black Diamond Pokie Bonus Features
Black Diamond is a classic pokie, and classic pokies don’t usually have bonus features such as free spins or mini-games. However, it’s a classic pokie with a little twist, so at least we can have a couple of lucrative features kindly added for us by Everi:
- Wild symbol. The Black Diamond symbol serves as a Wild one, substituting for any other symbol. By having it on the reels, you can get more winning combinations, i.e. more money per spin. The Black Diamond symbol can also bring you a jackpot if you manage to collect three of them in one payline, but only if you bet the maximum amount of credits possible.
- Multipliers. Once you start playing, you’ll notice that some of the game symbols like double-bars or 777s come with multipliers from 2x to 5x. As for what they do — well, they simply multiply your wins when you land them in a winning combination.
- Minor and Major Jackpots. When you are betting max bet, you get a chance to trigger either a Minor Jackpot (if you collect 3 black diamonds on lines 1-8) or a Major Jackpot (if all 3 diamonds are located on line 9).
Where to Play Black Diamond Pokie
Black Diamond pokie is available in a wide selection of Australian online casinos from my list, so you are just one click away from a nice classic pokie with promising winnings. However, if winnings are not what you are looking for at the moment, you can always play Black Diamond for free in a demo version right here on this page.
It’s always hard to review classic pokies as they are all rather similar, varying only in their RTP and the colour of the game layout. However, there is something in Black Diamond (such as its jackpots) that makes it stand out from the crowd, and that’s why I liked it. Give it a try if you like old-school games but don’t want them to be too old-school — and I hope the jackpot is soon to come.