Wizard of Oz Pokie — My Review
The Wizard of Oz is a 5-reel 30-payline pokie based on the famous old movie of the same name. The pokie is quite old itself, and that’s why playing it might be quite a challenge. It was developed using Flash technology, which is not supported anymore, so if you find a way to play it in an online casino — you’re a lucky one.
Nevertheless, I still believe that the game deserves a review as it’s definitely the one worth playing. I’ve played tons of online and offline pokies, you know, but Wizard of Oz by WMS is one of the most interactive casino games I’ve ever seen. It has a bunch of bonus features we’ll talk about later, and even though the graphics are kind of old-school, it has a nostalgic spirit which I like better than some of the super-advanced animations present in modern video pokies.
On this journey to the Wizard, you’ll be accompanied by Dorothy, Toto, the Lion, the Scarecrow, and the Tin Man, which are the main game symbols. Besides, there are ruby slippers, a tornado, the Emerald City, a hot air balloon, a house, and a couple of witches. Quite a nice company to hit the road, isn’t it? During your trip, you’ll sometimes be shown the scenes from the Wizard of Oz movie, which might make you rewatch it right after your betting session — at least, that’s what happened to me.
Wizard of Oz Pokie — How to Play
If you are lucky to find The Wizard of Oz pokie in an offline casino, you can play it just like you’d do with any other pokie machine:
- Decide how much money you are ready to spend on this game and make your deposit
- Decide on the bet size. The Wizard of Oz allows both the smallest bets of 0.01 and the higher ones up to 150. The recommended bet amount depends on your budget, but I’d skip the penny bets if I were you as they make the chances of winning rather low.
- Start the game and see how much money it can bring you.
Wizard of Oz Pokie Bonus Features
As I already said, The Wizard of Oz pokie by WMS is packed with bonus features and bonus games. I won’t talk a lot about the basic Wilds (The Wizard of Oz) and Scatters (the Emerald City) as they work just like they do in any other video pokie and better tell you more about the bonus rounds. And hopefully, you’ll be able to experience them yourself one day.
- Glinda Good Witch. This bonus can be randomly triggered throughout the game. When this happens, the witch will fly over the reels and change some of them into Expanding Wilds, i.e. the whole reel will become Wild and increase the number of your winning combinations, respectively.
- Oz Pick Feature. If you land a Scatter symbol on the first, third, and fifth reel, you’ll trigger the Oz Pick feature, where you can select a bonus round.
- Winged Monkey Bonus Round. It’s a free spins round. It starts with 8 free games, which can be retriggered during the round. Besides, during this round, you can land a special symbol that will turn some of the game symbols into wilds.
- Road to Emerald Bonus Round. In this round, you’ll be offered to select among a bunch of emeralds. Some of them will bring you money prizes, while some will hide the game characters, which will trigger another “pick an object” game where you can get some more money. But remember: this bonus round is only available if you are playing with the highest stakes.
Where to Play Wizard of Oz Pokie
Unfortunately, there is no way to play Wizard of Oz for free or for real money at the moment as the game is not available online. However, there are the newer chapters such as Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers and Wizard of Oz Wicked Riches, which you can try for fun here on my website or make real money bets in one of the Australian online casinos in 2023.
If Wizard of Oz was available online, I’d recommend you play it immediately as it’s a fun and lucrative game with a totally unique vibe. But unfortunately, I can only recommend finding it in one of the land-based casinos or giving a chance to its sequels which are not less good.